A public administration body that has imposed an administrative fine, at the request of a party, in cases justified by important public interest or an important interest of the party, may grant relief in the execution of an administrative fine by:
- postponing the execution of an administrative fine or dividing it into installments;
- postponing the execution of an outstanding administrative fine or dividing it into installments;
- remission of the administrative fine in whole or in part;
- cancellation of late payment interest in whole or in part.
In the event of cancellation of the outstanding administrative fine, the interest for late payment shall also be canceled in full or in the part in which the outstanding administrative fine was canceled.
The competent authority, at the request of the party conducting business activity, may grant specific reductions in the execution of an administrative fine, which:
- they do not constitute state aid;
- constitute de minimis aid or de minimis aid in agriculture or fisheries - to the extent and on the terms specified in the directly applicable provisions of European Union law concerning aid under the de minimis rule;
- constitute state aid:
- aimed at redressing the damage caused by natural disasters or other extraordinary events,
- aimed at remedying a serious disturbance in the economy,
- consistent with the principles of the internal market of the European Union, the admissibility of which has been determined by the competent authorities of the European Union, granted for purposes other than those listed in point (a). a and b.
[Legal status as at 18/08/2020]