Criminal law



In general, everyone whose legal interests have been directly infringed (or threatened) by a crime is entitled to have the status of an aggrieved party in the criminal procedure. Thus, it pertains both to natural and legal persons, as well as to state institutions and local government institutions without legal personality, and organizational units who have legal capacity on the basis of separate laws. The status of an aggrieved party can also be granted to an insurance institution, but only to an extent in which it has compensated for damage caused by crime to an aggrieved party (or to an extent in which it is obliged to compensate).

In the event of an aggrieved party's death, his or her rights can be exercised by relatives or by a public prosecutor. On the other hand, the rights of an aggrieved party who is not a natural person are exercised by an authorized body acting on behalf of such a party (hence, it pertains particularly to legal persons and other organizational units).

If an aggrieved party is a minor or a legally incapacitated person (fully or partly), his or her rights are exercised by a statutory representative or by a permanent custodian of the aggrieved person. Furthermore, an actual guardian of an aggrieved person can execute his or her rights if the aggrieved party is incapable (especially due to age or health).

[Legal status as at July 2015]

 Main rights and obligations of the aggrieved party:  Main rights and obligations of the aggrieved party:

 Auxiliary prosecutor:  Auxiliary prosecutor:


up  up

Copyright: © 2006 -2016 Law Office of Piotr Staczek, Advocate | DISCLAIMER
UP | Home: Criminal law